When choosing a remodeler, questions need to be asked, and answered, not just about the DREAM, but who will complete the functions and keep the project moving forward in a professional and expedient way.
ALWAYS COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES.
18 Questions you should ask your Remodeler
1. How many years have you been in the remodel business?
2. How do you organize My Project?
3. Are you licensed?
4. Can I see your proof of insurance?
5. Do you have any complaints with the Better Business Bureau?
6. Is your company EPA certified for LBP target age home renovation cerification?
7. Do I get a written quote on larger projects?
8. How do you handle change orders?
9. Can you provide me with references?
10. Who will be running My Project?
11. What is your payment schedule?
12. Can delays result in adjustment to the payment schedule?
13. How will I contact the Project Manager during the project?
14. How will you communicate with me before, during, and after the job?
15. If I feel the project is not on schedule I what do I do?
16. How long is your warrantee period?
17. Can I get a Written Guarantee?
18. When can My Project be started?